Monday, November 12, 2007

Best neighbour


It has been more than a month now that I have survived. Hardly survived without the first aid from lovely neighbours. What am I talking about?
Think of a lovely day at work, going to the language course after work and coming home around 22:30. Of course all the shops are already closed, but you desperately need some apples, soya milk, ice-cream or chocolate. And of course, the best neighbour is the shop next door open almost 24 hours a day, every day in the year and with that I mean every day! And since you are living on your own, there is nobody whom you could have phoned and asked to get you these things home. Especially when it comes so complicated that the people forgot how the fruits and vegetables look like, not to mention it to translate its names into several different languages to be sure that when saying celery, you mean celery and not salary:)
Oooohhh, of course, my beloved Turkish family living on the other side of the street, having its shop now closed for two months for renovation. But as we are living in Belgium, this will not take 2 months, but moreeee. Ufffff. I hope they finish in time or at least when I come back to this lovely city after New year.
Here are the things I miss. And they "live" just across the street!

1 comment:

NoKas said...

This city really has nice pearls.