Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Our beloved computers

It happened the other day again that I was trying to explain to a colleague that computers are sensitive creatures and they need to be caressed and loved just like pets and flowers.

Somehow the computer went blank and did not want to do what the person behind it wanted it to do. I asked him "Did you caress your computer today already?". All I got was a strange look. But the moment I touched the keyboard, the computer started working perfectly.

Another day the printer stopped working. I was asked to have a look at it (and I am not IT expert) and the moment I only touched it, it started printing.

Of course I remember days when I would only walk into a room full of computers and all of them would froze at once. It happened several times. After that I decided that it might be better to wait for my friend outside the computer room:) But that is "passé".

There is much more between our minds and computers than we think or acknowledge. Next time when you have problems with your computer, just speak to it nicely and I am sure it will start working again. Remember, as long as you give them what they need, they will be happy and so will you.

I will try to find some articles about this on the net. Pls read:
Mind over Matter
How to crash LAN

We all know we can influence our lives, other people`s lives, why could not we influence computers?

No comments: