Thursday, May 10, 2007

Buy local

I buy local.

The other day I ran out of toilet paper and as it was Sunday and all the shops closed as we woke up after noon, I decided to pay a visit to the Turkish fruit and vegetable shop opposite of my apartment that virtually sells anything. With this I mean anything.

There I was looking at which toilet paper should I buy, when I noticed familiar words. It said "toaletni papir" (toilet paper) and "Paloma" (the name of the company that produces toilet paper among other things in Slovenia). It took me about a minute before I realised that I was looking at Slovene products in a Turkish shop in the middle of Brussels! Wow, great, no more dilemma which toilet paper to buy. And goodbye homesickness, here comes Paloma!

1 comment:

Andre said...

I really like these coincidences..

Like drinking green wine in Wiena alone (portuguese uinque drink) being advertise as Spanish and being the only one around that could confirm that!