Monday, January 21, 2008

One of the flashes

I am sure we have all experienced the following situation.

Imagine being 7 years old. Sitting by a wooden desk at school. You can smell that wood and you can read the names of all previous students that sat behind just that desk. The school bell rings. The class has just started. In one moment immense silence in class. The teacher walks into the class. Everybody rises and says in one voice "Good morning, teacher". Teacher says "Good morning class". Everybody is allowed to sit down. Lesson begins.

The teacher writes on the blackboard "When I grow up I will be...". One by one we have to say what we want to be when we grow up. Classmates say "When I grow up I will be a doctor." "When I grow up I will be a lawyer." "When I grow up I will be a mechanic." "When I grow up I will be a teacher." "When I grow up I will be a nurse." "When I grow up I will be a journalist." "When I grow up I will be a writer." "When I grow up I will be a cook."

.
.
.

"When I grow up I will live in Belgium."

.
.
.

1 comment:

Pirilampa Assassina said...

Oh my God! That was my dream!!!! Since i was a little girl i wanted to live in this amazing country!! And now it came true! Snif snif snif, the tears are almost falling...eheheheheheh

Ana G.