Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The bus story

The other day I was waiting for a bus at the bus station. Packed with two relatively big and moreover heavvy bags as I was just coming from the shop. The bus arrived and I stepped in holding both bags in one hand trying to reach for my monthly ticket with the other hand. Even before I reached my ticket, the bus driver smiled and nodded so as to say "Yes, it is fine, I see you are loaded and I know you have the ticket". Wow, I was impressed.

During the ride home I remembered the good old days, when I was still living in my small village, from where I needed to take bus to go to school to another village. And on the way back, we (the children) would sometimes try to hide in the bus, so that we could take a longer ride to a bigger village/town to get some ice-cream. I am sure the bus driver knew we were there, but he just let us go. Thank you, you made our days in those times.

P.S.: After finishing ice-cream we would not have enough money to take the bus back to our village and the ticket was only valid for the distance between our village and the school, so we had to walk back home 4 km. Those were the days. Of course, we would always get a ride as everybody knows everybody in the village and our neighbours would bring us home.

1 comment:

Andre said...

Manca, I also remember the same.. but actually going all the way 10 km from home and singing in the rain..
It's also good to know that now we have 1 euro to do the trip by bus;)