Tuesday, September 25, 2007

European Day of Languages

26 September is proclaimed European Day of Languages. Europe will always be multilingual, although some languages are "stronger" and some in "minority" and Esperanto is still alive and kicking. With regards to this I would like to launch two initiatives.

Firstly I would like to invite you to let us know what are the specific characteristics for your language. For example Slovenian language has dual, 6 conjugations and no swear words, although some will object my last statement.
Esperanto is the easiest language to learn. It has 16 rules, no exceptions and one can learn it in 3 weeks, then one just needs to work on vocabulary.
What about your language(s)?

Secondly I would like to invite all Dutch speaking people to try and find a true Dutch word with two equal consonants. My Dutch teacher says it does not exist, but I am sure it does. As example I give the word "grammatica", but this one is not completely Dutch, so it is not accepted. It has to be a true and only Dutch word. Help me, I cannot sleep due to this problem.

More info about the European Day of Languages

2 comments:

Remush said...

Ekzistas amaso (unue por marki la antaŭan vokalon kiel mallonga, due (*) en vortkunmetaĵoj).
Jen kelkaj el la unuaj paĝoj de NL-E vortaro:
aallarve* (angilolarvo)
aanbakken (albakiĝi)
aanblikken (alrigardi)
aandachtsstreep* (haltostreko -)
aandikken (plidikigi)
aandrukken (premfiksi)
aanheffen (ekkanti)
aanhikken (timi malsukcesi en io)
aankoppelen (alkupli)
aankunnen (kapabli fari)
aanlassen (alveldi)
aanleggen (fari)

Anonymous said...

We want more postings:)
Andre